Saturday, April 9, 2016

East and West Kessler Couloirs on skinnier and lighter skis

This morning Aaron Kennard and I went up Argenta and skied down East Kessler couloir then skinned and booted back up to the top and skied down the West Kessler couloir which was new for me.  The snow was pretty good in the East Couloir and pretty crappy in the West, but the West was still so much fun. I love exploring new areas and lines.  We have such an amazing playground in our backyard!  It was weird being on different skis but I really liked them.  The 1.5 pounds less per foot made an incredible difference on the uphill and the 10 cm shorter ski was super easy to get around on jump turns in the couloirs.  Hopefully I can sell some old stuff and buy the demo set up.

 Summit views



Two sets of Blizzards


Aaron got a lot of really good pictures of my jump turns today



Aaron making his way down to the couloir

Jump turning through breakable crust




Aaron climbing around the waterfall cliff



Aaron trying to ski as long as possible

Good memories from this view.  One of our standard family Sunday hikes growing up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment