Tuesday, September 27, 2016

An attempt at North Thunder

I've been wanting to do some exploring of upper Bells and Thunder bowl so last week I went up to the upper reservoir then made my way through the large notch to Thunder Bowl.  It was beautiful.  The route I picked to North Thunder, even though it looked fine from a distance proved to have a couple impassible sections without rope.  As I made my way down from a different angle I could see the proper route but by then I was out of time.  Even though I got stopped a few hundred feet from the summit it was still an amazing day in a beautiful area with a trailhead five minutes from my house :)








Upper Bells

Pretty awesome views of the backside of Lone Peak


The Big Notch, entrance to Thunder Bowl

Thunder Bowl




 The better route, I think, we'll see next time




 Millcreek with the family

No comments:

Post a Comment