Sunday, September 11, 2016

Injuries

About a month ago I hurt my knee and had to take a week mostly off. Then on my first run back I tripped running down from Clayton peak and my ribs took the brunt of the fall on some rocks.  Fortunately they weren't broken, just badly bruised.  I learned how painful bruised ribs are.  So many things hurt!  Sneezing, getting in and out of my car, moving around in general, breathing, etc.  So I had to take it easy again.  Once I was feeling better again I over did it with a 10 mile run and my knee started hurting in the same place again.  This morning my ribs and knee are better so I eased in properly with a 6 mile run up at Alta and a 12 mile stationary bike ride in the evening.  It is getting colder out there :)

Good views on a loop from Alta on the ridge to Clayton peak and down into Brighton and back by the lakes.










No comments:

Post a Comment