Sunday, February 7, 2016

Bonkers!

Another new line today and it was amazing!  I have loved everything about this season so far but I have realized the last few times skiing that so much of the satisfaction comes from exploring these beautiful mountains and skiing new lines.  I've made a goal to try to go somewhere new each time I ski the rest of the season, conditions permitting of course.  Bonkers is located in Broads Fork and it was so beautiful up there! I have been training for a ski mountaineering race called the Wasatch Powderkeg this year by putting in as much vertical as I can when backcountry skiing and for most of the season doing laps at the resort a couple nights a week.  This month my goal is 25,000 thousand feet a week to get ready for the race that is only one month away now.  This week I came up short due to some short days this week but still had about 22,000 feet of vertical gain for the week.
 Such a beautiful area!



A glide avalanche from yesterday. 

This huge line is called Bonkers.  A little tracked out but still plenty of room for soft turns! Two laps on this wasn't nearly enough but I was out of time due to a late start.

No comments:

Post a Comment