Sunday, February 7, 2016

The Hallway Couloir

A couple weeks ago I went out with Aaron and his friend Grey and experienced some new lines.  We started out at Alta, went up to Flagstaff and took a run into Days Fork.  We ascended Days Fork back up to the ridge and made our way to the Hallway Couloir.  This was my first time skiing down a chute in the backcountry.  The only other chute I had skied to that point was Main Chute at Alta.  I was a little nervous but it wasn't too bad and was really fun!  I'm definitely not a good enough skier for narrow chutes where you have to straight line it yet but anything wide enough to make a super quick turn is fairly comfortable for me now.  Looking forward to ticking off a lot more of the couloirs in the Chuting Gallery throughout the rest of the season.

Aaron looking up at the top of the couloir

Grey dropping in.

Looking down.



After skiing the Hallway, we skied a few more laps in Cardiff before I had to be home.  It was a great day!  Last week Aaron K and I went to the low angle Mill D North lines on a day when our usual spots had some higher avy danger.  I had never been before and it was fun exploring somewhere new, but it was definitely very low angle skiing and I couldn't do it everyday.  


 Lots of tight trees to practice turning. 

A very cool cloud rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment