Sunday, February 7, 2016

Winter so far

I started out this winter getting in shape uphill skiing at Alta and Brighton before the resorts opened.  Once the resorts opened, I spent about a month riding the lifts at Alta to work on my technique skiing since I only started skiing last February.  Towards the end of December I started really getting into what I started skiing in the first place for - exploring the backcountry and skiing down!  I met several great friends in the backcountry areas around Alta and finally had some people to go with, Aaron K, Aaron R, and Joey.  Aaron R is trying to break the record for human powered skiing with 2.5 million vertical feet in a year! Aaron and Joey put in 10,000+ feet of vertical a day, everyday, and are great skiers of course.  I have already learned so much from them and like my brother James always says, "The best way to get good at something is to go with people who are way better than you."  This is definitely true and I have grown so much over the past month and a half as a skier.  Out of all the people I could have met I am so happy I met them.  The first area I spent a lot of time in was the Emma's, Michigan City, Days Fork, upper Silver Fork, and Cardiff.  This is a great place to enjoy face shots before the sun hits it.



Sometimes it gets really deep!




No comments:

Post a Comment