Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Lake Chute and Red Baldy Chute

I love skiing and I love mountains!  Today was awesome.  I went up Red Pine Canyon to the top of Lake Peak.  I figured someone would have skied Lake Chute already, but when I got there I was stoked to see I was going to have first tracks.  The main avalanche concern would be any potential windslab so I cut the cornice on one side of the chute and let it drop.  The new snow sluffed but nothing more than that.  I ski cut the slope also just to be extra sure and then skied another line on my list in soft snow.

Top of Lake Peak

Looking down Lake Chute

Looking back up


First tracks


Then I headed over to Red Baldy.  I wish I had more time because I knew this northwest facing snow was going to be incredible and I was only going to have time for one lap.  I skied right off the peak down a fun chute.  The apron was heavenly!  It has been awhile since we've had soft snow and it was incredible! It was fun climbing around on Lake Peak and Red Baldy today.  I love ridge hikes in the snow and going to some of the peaks I got to experience the first time this summer, now experiencing them in the winter.

 Views on top of Red Baldy



This probably has a real name but I'll just call it Red Baldy Chute

No comments:

Post a Comment